We have seen many Styrofoam balls in the packets of our clothes when we are gifted on various religious occasions. Styrofoam is basically extruded polystyrene foam currently made for thermal insulation and craft applications. One of the best craft applications is growing a plant inside it. Its simple, easy and can be grown effectively without any side reactions to the plant and its growth.
Here’s a pictorial representation of the demo of how you can use Styrofoam to grow a plant
How to Use it?
Just arrange four pieces of Styrofoam as shown above in the picture. You can then put the manure in it and grow the plants as effectively as in the flower pot.
Pros and Cons:
- It can be used only for a short span of time or when you need to transport the plant to other places, it can be easy and cost effective.
- Its very light in weight.
- No side effect in the plant growth as Styrofoam is used for thermal insulation applications as well.
- It gives a pleasant look to corner of your house with such a artistic creativity.
- It may get wet after sometime so it cannot be used for long duration.
Hope you are liking our craft and home/garden tips! You have more creative ideas to enhance your home and garden? Write for us ( and now Earn too! ) . Click here